Saturday 15 September 2012

Renewal

I'm not going to lie, there are some days when all I want to do is sit around the house doing absolutely nothing. Today has been one of those days - I've been in my pyjamas all day and I've done nothing productive!

I know that this might come across as laziness, and really it is, but there are times when it's important for me to slow down to almost a complete standstill. So often my calender is full of 'stuff' and busyness that I forget to stop and take the time to rest and rejuvenate. Yet I need to. In order to continue giving into the things that I invest my time in, I have to make sure that I invest in renewing my energy reserves too.

Renewal happens from the inside. And in order for me to be renewed, I need headspace to struggle with and work through issues that affect my week and weigh on my heart. I need to leave room in my busy schedule to let God work. And that requires time. Time that sometimes means that I do nothing outwardly in order to be inwardly productive, to cultivate my inner life.


In order to be poured out, we first need to be filled. And as we move through our busy lives, we need to continually be filled. I don't know about you, but it's too hard constantly running on empty. Renewal is an ongoing process. And He gives it at any time, in any circumstance - it's completely limitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment